Are you ready for the next step in your career?We are looking for a Business Developer Robotics for our sales organization in Hoofddorp.
Purpose of the job
Robotics, Automation and AI continue to gear up for the future. Expectations point to an even bigger, faster and more innovative future where we recognize the market to be divided amongst the competitors in the coming 5 years. Omron focusses on a big share of the Robotics market as part of our company strategy.
The Business developer Robotics is responsible to develop and roll out a business plan to accomplish the aforementioned increase share of the market. He/She plays a key role as it comes to technical know-how and at the same time in closing the deal with (new) customers directly and via the regional sales teams.
Main Tasks & Responsibility
To grow the company’s business with specified strategic target end-user customers by increasing billings and overall profitability.
- Continuously seek opportunities to develop new Robotics business, within nominated markets (mainly F&B, IT and Automotive).
- Find, establish, develop & keep (new) direct/indirect customers.
- Establish a strong network of loyal Technical Added Value Robotics resellers (TAV partners)
- Ensure full monetization of all service-related aspects of Robotics technology (both services, leasing/rental and training)
- Use CRM, COGNOS (business intelligence) and SharePoint to track and monitor account performance.
- Ensure visibility by qualitative visits (target to be decided)
- Complete a visit report for each face to face meeting within a time set by MBR scheme.
To gain specification at targeted end-user sites for all Omron Robotic products and concepts
- Support the Industry Sales team in promoting Robotics solution to global and major end-users in order to become a preferred supplier
- Identify and convert new business opportunities and applications based on market developments.
- Communicate successes internally with peers and area colleagues, Sales Management and Marketing teams.
Building and developing mutually beneficial relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Engage in regular contact with defined target customers and colleagues.
- Set up and liaise with the Technical Added Value resellers and System Integrator network
- Inspire sales with the value proposition, ROI approach and educate sales in the robotics sales process.
- Take a leading role in “first” projects, teaming up with OEE-BNL and EMEA resources.
- Behave as the owner of the big potential project in cooperation with sales.
- Actively participate in regular sales meetings and customer open days.
- Build a strong relation with the EMEA PMM and business development team
- Feedback our R&D department with the latest market demands
To create and ensure a continuous focus on a specified list of (potential) customers within the target markets.
- Find the right product/solution and market combination.
- Find key players in Omron target industries, where and how do we need to aim.
- Build success cases to interest the potential new customers.
- Aim our marketing to the right markets/industries/companies.
- Find the start-up’s
- Achieve annual specification /renewal agreements with all direct customers.
- Utilise skills of FAE’s to develop (in)direct business
- Ensure proper education of colleagues, partners and customers (supported by the after-sales services team
- Focus on Education at the source: ensure enough future robotics engineers by promoting/facilitating schools and innovation centres by Understanding where new generation engineers of our target market are educated; Developing and ensure the roll-out of investment/education plan with impact on our future business.
Education and Experience
- Degree / HTS or recognised apprenticeship in electrical / electronic engineering or equivalent
- A good understanding of End User business
- A mixture of commercial and technical skills, previous experience within a target market sector
- Robotics knowledge (technical/application level)
- Experience with multiple robotic brands
- Good level of Conceptual thinking & design
- Structural way of working
- Live in or close to the geographic area being covered.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good planning and organising skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious, pro-active and tenacious, with the capability of achieving challenging targets.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a national team, contributing to the overall success of the company’s sales effort.
Are you interested?
We look forward to your motivation letter and your CV!