As our business is increasing, we are looking for a motivated Customer Support Engineer.
Omron Europe Industrial Automation is part of Omron Corporation, a global leader in the field of industrial automation and components and has more than 37,500 employees in 36 countries. Omron provides a variety of advanced products and solutions including PLCs, Motion & Drives, Sensors & Safety, Vision Systems and Industrial Components. The European division has its own development and manufacturing facilities. Local customer support is provided in all European countries.
In our location in Switzerland in the city of Neuhausen am Rheinfall we support, implement, and program advanced motion systems. As our business is increasing, we are looking to for a motivated
Customer Support Engineer (m/f), 100%
As an Engineer, your overall responsibilities will be to learn and perform the following tasks:
- Ensure that our customers correctly implement our controls into their equipment and provide the appropriate hardware and software solutions for their application.
- Interface with customers regarding new products and applications and guide them to the best implementation of Omron Delta Tau products.
- Develop product test configurations and interface software to support our internal production and repair departments.
- Program automated equipment controlled by Omron Delta Tau motion controllers.
- Create and maintain various PC-based programs which communicate with Omron Delta Tau motion controllers.
- Support European customers via phone, e-mail, and on-site visits as needed.
- Complete several training seminars to be better able to accomplish these tasks.
- Skills related to Embedded Systems and PCB design could be used to develop customer-specific solutions.
The right candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Technical degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or related field
- Exposure to PLC, CNC, Robotics, Embedded systems or related applications. Actual programming and application development experience on these systems is a plus.
- Computer programming a must.
- Knowledge of C# and C a definite advantage.
- Skilled with MS-Office suite applications.
- Understanding of Linux environment and the ability to quickly learn new software would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in German is beneficial. Proficiency in English is required.
- Valid work permit for Switzerland and valid driving license
The successful candidate should be self-starter, proactive, creative and a solution-oriented thinker.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, including your resume and cover letter. We will only consider the application through our website.