Positive-critical? Quality-minded? And interested in working in a dynamic R & D environment? Take a look at this vacancy!
Purpose of the role
As a (Design) Quality Engineer with Software focus, in our European Quality & Environment Department, you work closely with the R&D Department to achieve our ambitious innovation and growth plans. The (Design) Quality Engineer assures a smooth passing of the product development quality gates. At the same time, you support the improvement of the Quality Management System. You pro-actively identify quality related issues, find improvement opportunities and facilitate the activities to implement these, driving our organization to a higher level.
Together with your colleagues in the European Quality & Environmental (Q&E) team, you ensure that the Quality and Environmental assurance activities are both efficiently and effectively implemented throughout the entire product and process design phases, allowing Omron to bring new value successfully to our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting our R&D and factory and adding your value to quality plans for new product introductions and organise & report approvals;
- Perform project (software) quality reviews for the European R&D sites, report and follow-up actions, as part of the Development quality gates;
- Immediate escalation of customer quality problems and coordination of counter measures & (8D) reporting in local/global project team cooperation.
- Scanning for trends and innovation in quality, related to new product development.
- Coordinate external audits, including audits by Japan to confirm alignment of local and global processes;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in Software Development, Electronics or equivalent relevant technical area;
- Minimum 3 years work experience;
- Agile software development;
- Proficiency in Dutch and English;
- Able to create a trust relationship with your quality department colleagues in our quality headquarters in Japan;
- Result driven, precise, structural and persistent, team-player;
We look forward to your motivation letter and your CV! If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter (attn: HR Advisor, Sascha Sanchez)