Do you get energy from getting everything financially structured and organized for a company? Do you like to work in a dynamic and dedicated team of financial professionals? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components, automotive and healthcare.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated Financial Controller to join our Finance Team.
OMRON´s EMEA Finance team is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated finance team supports to four different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the monthly reporting of actual results (P&L + B/S + HFM Package) per entity.
- Prepare consolidated result on a monthly basis.
- Analyse actual results vs. previous periods and prior year. Contribute to profitable growth by reporting key variances while advising the Business Controllers on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions.
- Initiate, propose and implement changes in processes and procedures in view of efficiency and internal control improvements.
- Ensure that all relevant reconciliations and lead schedules are created by the general ledger accountants and that balances agree to the reports.
- Manage the activities and tasks being performed by general ledger accountants during the month end closing process to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting.
- Join pre-closing meetings with business controllers and compliance managers and advise accounting treatment as needed from a group consolidation perspective.
- Review of VAT, Intrastat and CBS declarations and manage tax reporting to the relevant authorities.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Coordination and completion of group and statutory audit.
- Provide responsible advice and content to the European Financial Controller on technical accounting issues and risk management.
- Actively manage department employees to ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks and adequate knowledge and skills. Assign work activities, monitor work flow, review and evaluate work, methods and procedures.
- Mentor, educate and develop department employees.
- Critically assess accounting processes and identify and implement internal control environment improvements.
- Execute and adhere to company quality policies and procedures and JSOX compliance requirements.
- Completion of the yearly self-assessment sheets required for JSOX compliance.
Required education and qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Registered Controller or equivalent.
- English & Dutch language proficiency.
- Strong excel, power point skills.
- Knowledge and application of accounting guidelines (US-GAAP, Dutch GAAP, J-SOX, IFRS).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Accounting Software packages, preferably JDE and HFM.
Required specific knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in hands-on accounting role.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, time management, reporting, communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and administrative skills.
- Proactively addresses business issues arising and takes action to resolve. Uses team structure effectively to delegate and ensure work tasks are completed with available resources.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Remains flexible to deal with changing business requirements and can manage task variation and prioritize to ensure critical work tasks are completed on time, accurately and completely.
- Excellent communication skills and team player (bridge builder).
- Self-starting and result / deadline oriented and accurate. Minimum 3 years in staff supervision
- The candidate must be eligible to work in Netherlands.
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!