Are you an enthusiastic auditor who works with integrity, discipline and objectivity? Do you like to work in a dynamic, international team? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron specialises in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components, automotive and healthcare.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit Department.
OMRON´s Auditing Department is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated team supports to four different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform professional, full cycle internal audits at various Omron locations, including Headquarters, regional entities and factories, based on Omron’s philosophy and ethics as well as internal auditors' ethics code (IIA).
- Perform audit procedures, collecting data, reviewing and analysing audit evidence and evaluating risk areas of audited entities, based on facts and rational thinking.
- Pursue root causes of deficiencies and issues found during the audit, and recommend countermeasures.
- Understand the internal auditing framework and implement auditing procedures based on the framework.
- Has a knowledge of accounting, IT control and OGR necessary for internal audit, audits based on them.
- Has a knowledge of J-SOX self-evaluation procedures and the audit framework based on J-SOX standards, and can perform J-SOX audit accordingly.
- Has an understanding of the various types of fraud and can find risks and signs of fraud during audits and pre-audit data analysis.
- Execute the audit at the set quality level.
- Document audit findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate the results of audits via written reports and video conferences with Global Internal Audit Headquarters in Japan.
- Report on the status of the audit cycle.
- Report on the progress of remediation plans
- Clearly identify and understand the objectives, goals, intentions and task assignments. Make sure that these are clearly communicated and understood to all parties.
- If there are conflicts or inconsistencies, adjust to maximize the output to achieve the goal.
- Provide the necessary support to others to achieve the goal.
- Can understand and explain the risks and controls of various business processes.
- Can communicate as below:
- Ask questions that identify problems and causes.
- Explain in clear and concise manner to counterparties.
- Explain to counterparties’ satisfaction and understanding.
- Provide consulting services to Omron management and staff on compliance and risk.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with Omron Management and colleagues.
- Perform related work as assigned by OMCE Internal Audit management.
Required education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- IIA qualification is an advantage
Required specific knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous auditing experience
- Maintain Omron and professional ethical standards and completes internal audit work in compliance with the OMRON Principles and the IIA’s Code of Ethics: https://www.iia.org.uk/resources/ippf/code-of-ethics/
- Work with integrity, discipline and objectivity
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Able and keen to travel frequently to Omron foreign locations, at least for one week a month.
- Experience in a manufacturing company and manufacturing cost analysis is an advantage.
- Excellent English and report writing skills
- Experience of JD Edwards, or similar ERP system
- Work experience in a multi-national and multicultural, result-oriented business environment
- Work from Omron Headquarters in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
- The candidates must be eligible to work in Netherlands
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!