We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who wants to be part of multidisciplinary development projects for Industrial automation products such as Industrial PCs, HMI and Robotics.
Omron is an international manufacturer of industrial automation products for modern machinery. Our products can be found primarily in machinery for the food, automotive and semiconductor industry. The R&D department in Den Bosch is our company’s knowledge center. Here we develop new technologies and products such as industrial PCs, HMI, AI products, mobile robotics, fixed robotics and system integration, which our B2B clients can then use to build the perfect machine. As Lead Software Engineer, you will be part of multidisciplinary development projects for these products. You will, as a natural leader, take responsibility on the projects and go from concept to product development. You will show your methodical approach and communication skills in English and Dutch (on a B2 level) in an international and dynamic environment.
What will you do?
- Lead the software development of then next generation of Industrial PC’s and integration with Robotics, AI, Vision, etc.
- Analyze the market requirements and convert these into product specification and modular designs, together with the architect and other leads
- Design and implement software that will run on embedded systems as well as .NET applications
- Work with international teams from the different Omron locations, both within Europe, USA, and Japan
- Become a champion of our product portfolio, technology & development process
- Travel occasionally to Omron locations, partners or customers
What are we looking for?
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable.
- You have at least 5 years work experience
- You are familiar with embedded development and aspects of IoT security
- You are experienced with C & C++ and preferably C#
- You are familiar with RTOS (Real-Time Operating Systems) development, and know how to develop code in such an environment
- You have a working knowledge of the Linux environment, and have developed code on it
- You are familiar with Agile development e.g Scrum, Kanban.
- You are familiar with modern build automation environment such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
How to put Artificial Intelligence in Action in Real-life Industrial Automation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocS7NYg1w8A
What is it like to work at Omron?
Since Omron's foundation in Japan in 1933, the company has been driven by providing solutions that improve people's lives in an innovative way. Decades after, we strive to live up to the values of continuous innovation driven by social needs, challenging ourselves during the journey and treating others with respect, encouraging their potential.
This is translated to the everyday activities in our production center in Den Bosch. You will join an environment where you can lead innovation and contribute to society in a sustainable way. Omron offers you growth opportunities in a stable, well stablished environment that keeps on growing steadily every year. We take proud in having a welcoming, open and inclusive environment.
Omron offers you attractive benefits next to your salary, such as holiday allowance, 13th month, pension scheme, travel costs compensation and other components.
Do you see yourself working at Omron and leading innovation?
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please apply through our career site adding your resume and motivation letter. For more information or a question about this vacancy you can contact Esther Hoedemaekers, at email@example.com