Are you able to provide supervision on installations and do you have engineering-consultancy-skills? Apply now!
Omron Corporation is a leading industrial automation company that leverages its core sensing & control technologies to expand into businesses, such as control components, electronic components, automotive electronic components, social infrastructure, healthcare, and the environment.
Omron was established in 1933, and has around 39,000 global employees, offering products and services in over 110 nations and regions. In the industrial automation business, Omron is contributing to making an affluent society by providing automation technologies which drive innovation in manufacturing as well as products and customer support.
Purpose of the role
As Safety Project Engineer you combine the supervision of installations and engineering consultancy. On the one hand, you will ensure customer expectations and Omron budgets are sustained during the installation process, on the other hand, you will have sole responsibility to maintain Omron Self delivery projects.
You will be based in Poland; however, as a Safety Project Engineer, you will be traveling around Europe.
Region: Eastern Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Safety Project Engineer will be responsible for leading all aspects of the safety installation process, such as:
- Oversight during machine safety audits and process safety compliance audits at our customer sites (machine safety assessment/risk reduction reviews) to determine the level of compliance with local and European regulations and applicable standards;
- Preparing, delivering and presenting reports, analysis, and quotations of proposed risk reduction systems to prospective customers;
- Review of proposed designs and qualify suitability of specifying machine safety system solutions that are accurate and comply with relevant standards and regulations;
- Communicating with the Safety Service Team and with OSSP’s (Omron Safety Solution Partners)
- Ensure strict validation procedures are adhered to with all documentation and authority signatures are attained prior to project close;
- Project cost, time and quality control.
The consulting element will support the above task, in addition, they will have specific projects:
- Creation of detailed safety requirement specification;
- Development of design drawing for safety control systems;
- Creation of conceptual designs of mechanical guarding;
- Cooperating with the local sales organization and Omron Project managers to address key customer issue; about safety compliance and specific site needs;
- Take a share of internal safety standards and procedure management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or University degree / Technician Training with 10 years of industrial experience;
- Professional Safety certification (e.g., TUV) or in preparation to attain such status;
- Experience in site installation projects for machine safety in, and the related processes and procedures in an industrial environment;
- Experience and knowledge of applicable industrial machinery safety standards (EN, ISO, etc.);
- Experience in Project Management;
- Strong electrical/controls background associated with industrial machinery;
- Experience and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic concepts;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to convert identifiable needs into product solutions;
- Your colleagues see you as self-driven, target-oriented, punctual and reliable, with high energy, having the ability to multi-task and manage ever-changing priorities;
- You have strong problem-solving mentality and skills;
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills, and you are also able to work independently;
- Well-developed planning, organization, and implementation skills;
- Fluent written and spoken English is required, and additional languages would be beneficial;
- In possession of a drivers’ license;
- Has the ability to travel on a weekly basis to varying locations around Europe.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge product and change IA market as part of an inspired team;
- Competitive base salary and motivating sales bonus scheme;
- Benefit mix for you and your loved ones;
- Business car (available for private usage);
- Various team integration events.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter.