Looking for a Software Engineer to improve our software platform and to help to design and build new software platform generation. You will be expected to work within distributed teams using agile SCRUM methodology, and implementing user stories with the highest levels of quality
Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer. Are you an experienced, highly motivated Software Engineer? Do you like to work in a dynamic and global team of multidisciplinary professionals? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 35,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components and healthcare.
About Our Team and Your Role
We are a software engineering team distributed in 2 locations, Fareham (United Kingdom) and Barcelona (Spain), strongly collaborating with other Omron Global locations, such as Kusatsu (Japan), California (United States), Den Bosch (Netherlands) and others. Our team mission is to brand new (Novel) Software Product Development and Advanced Technology Development to develop innovative solutions for the industry of the future.
You will join our development team located in Barcelona to improve our software platform and help us to design and build new software platform generation. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be expected to work within distributed teams using agile SCRUM methodology, and implementing user stories with the highest levels of quality within the sprint.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Interact with marketing to transform requirements into software specifications
· Translate software specifications into Features and User Stories
· Design and implement the functionality for the requirements
· Participate in code/design reviews and continuous improvement
· Interact with stakeholders to improve the quality of the product
· Technical Lead of a diverse team of talented developers
· Provide influence on schedule, feature, and product designs
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
· Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the software
· Acquire and implement knowledge on new technology relevant for Omron
· Achieve the best products in the market with passion
Required Skills and Experience
· BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
· A minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience
· A proven technical leader that loves to build and manage high performing teams
· Proficient in C# design and coding (developments with XAML for user interfaces).
· Experience with WPF, MVVM, dependency injection container (i.e. Unity Container).
· Experience in 3D Programming and Graphics (DirectX and Sharp-DX)
· Understanding of fundamental design / SOLID principles for building a scalable application.
· Used to apply design patterns and experience in design of desktop applications.
· Used to conduct code reviews and implementing Unit Tests.
· Corporate project development experience through full product cycles from initial design to final product release
· Proven experience with tolerance for ambiguity working through incubation stages
· Excellent written/verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills
· Able to think outside the box: find unexpected ways to solve problems of meet requirements;
· Dynamic drive to contribute to a larger goal (building a company).
· The knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be desirable:
o Microsoft Certifications (Programming in C#, desktop applications).
o Industrial Automation Applications: PLC, Sensors, Motion Control, Inverter, Servo, Robotics, etc.