We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with Supplier auditing skills and at the same time interested to support in communicating issues from production to the Suppliers.We are specifically looking for someone with a mechanical engineering background.
Are you an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with Supplier auditing skills and at the same time interested to support in communicating issues from production to the Suppliers? We are specifically looking for someone with a mechanical engineering background who can see the details and at the same time can bring the right high risks to the discussion.
Purpose of the role
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you are responsible for ensuring high quality of parts and components from suppliers. You take part in the purchasing process of components by taking the lead in Supplier Process Development. Your span of interest goes from Quality management to detailed engineering topics but at the same time be able to effectively communicate with external partners and suppliers
In practice you will visit the suppliers and verify whether the products and processes match the quality requirements we have for these products. In this way, you will be an important value to Omron since our quality products are essential for Omron’s success!
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the factory in providing high-quality parts to operations to overcome and prevent disruptions
- Take the lead in implementing improvement for quality issues
- Prepare & perform (supplier) audits (both Management system and Production Process) and report action plans, follow-up and close countermeasures
- Perform Chemical & Environmental supplier management system audits in line with Omron Group rules
- Work closely with our Development teams both Locally and Globally to support Critical-To-Quality requirements and their deployment to the suppliers to prevent issues
- Support in organizing the setup and monitoring of incoming inspections
- Prepare monthly supplier KPI report (PPM and Material complaints), analyze trends and propose improvements
- Perform Internal Audits (ISO9001) and report & follow-up actions
- Coordinate Omron’s Quality Management System and updating Process documents
- Support in creating standards for specifications (e.g. Plastic appearance, Anodizing, Casting, etc.)
- Release Supplier Production Process based on project requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical Bachelor (HBO) Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with production processes such as Machining, (Die)Casting, Extrusion, Plastic Molding, Painting / Coating, Wire (Harness) Assembly, etc.
- As a person you are positive-critical, quality minded
- You can communicate tough messages to the suppliers and at the same time have a cooperative attitude to internal customers and as well to suppliers
- Experience with Supplier Process Release (eg. PPAP)
- Experience with Quality tools (8D/SPC etc.)
- As a professional you can communicate with your colleagues on all levels
- Fluency in English and Dutch
Are you interested? Please apply sending your resume and motivation letter to Michiel Daamen from Buro Fervent, who is selecting candidates for this position: email@example.com