For our ISD department in Stuttgart, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer (f/m/d) Inspection Systems Division
Technical Support Engineer (f/m/d) Inspection Systems Division
In this role, you have to opportunity to:
Prove your technical strengths in a high-end environment working with the best in class inspection equipment on a global level.
You are responsible for:
As a team member you will be working in a dynamic and international team, supporting many top-level customers predominantly in the automotive arena, located anywhere in Europe.
The technical support engineer is in close contact with customers, distributors and other engineers to give the best support possible. This support can be pre- and after sales activities such as: presenting and demonstrating our solutions in conjunction with our sales team, installations of machines, training of software programmes, troubleshooting and help desk support.
The Inspection Systems Division has members located in different European countries. And OMRON has a partner network in most European Countries for the local sales and technical support.
You are part of:
OMRON Inspection Systems Division. ISD is selling and supporting state-of-the-art 3D optical and X-ray inspection systems (SPI, AOI, AXI systems). These machines are used in the electronic manufacturing industry, mainly in automotive, medical and other quality driven industries. Omron is an established manufacturer holding numerous patents in the inspection field for many years.
- Visit customers before, during or after the purchase of the inspection systems
- Demonstrate inspection systems to customers
- Train customers and distributors how to use the inspection systems
- Perform calibrations, capability studies and upgrades
- Investigate and implement potential improvements in optical inspection machines
- Troubleshoot when issues occur with the optical inspection systems
- Assist with and participate in the development and introduction of new inspection systems.
- You report to the European Service and Support Manager based in the Netherlands
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Company Car, also for private use
- Healthy work-life balance
- Working in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world-leading company to further your career
Your Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical degree, experience with AOI/AXI systems is a plus
- Fluent in German; Good communication skills in English
- Able to work independently and able to prioritize
- Team player; flexible
- Willingness to travel (mostly inside Europe)
- Class B driving license
- Good intercultural awareness
- Good IT knowledge, Knowledge in PLC programming and software development is a plus.
Please apply with your motivation letter and CV through our homepage